Disclaimer: This is sponsored content. All opinions and views are of the advertiser and do not reflect the same of WFTS.
With a weight loss industry worth over $600 billion, people in the U.S. dedicate a substantial amount of time and money to losing weight. However, with so many products on the market, consumers often struggle to find the right supplements to help them reach their weight loss goals.
Many turn to appetite suppressants to jump-start a diet. We explore the best natural appetite suppressants available, from ingredients and quality to user satisfaction. Overall, PhenQ ranked highest, but they all have specific benefits.
Best Natural Appetite Suppressants
- PhenQ – Best overall natural appetite suppressant
- Leanbean – Most effective natural appetite suppressant for women
- Trimtone – Best natural appetite suppressant for burning fat
- Phen24 – Best natural appetite suppressant for losing weight
- PrimeShred – Most potent natural appetite suppressant to boost metabolism
- Instant Knockout – Best natural appetite suppressant for men
- Zotrim – Best natural appetite suppressant for energy
Here we take an in-depth look at what each of the best natural appetite suppressants offers and explain our ranking system.
1. PhenQ – Best Overall Natural Appetite Suppressant – 4.9/5
- Contains a diverse array of vitamins, minerals, and fibers
- Helps boost the metabolism and burn calories
- Can work as several different supplements because of the broad range of ingredients
- Only available through the official website
- Can be expensive unless purchased in bulk
Who Should Try PhenQ?
Anyone wanting a safe way to boost their weight loss process and add other supplements to their daily diet should consider PhenQ. A-Lacys Reset, a key ingredient, contains cysteine and magnesium, which may boost metabolism and suppress appetite .
With carnitine and caffeine, PhenQ helps you burn fat more efficiently. Carnitine helps your body use stored fat for energy, and caffeine is a natural stimulant that burns fat  .
Other beneficial ingredients include:
- Piperine has anti-inflammatory properties and can boost metabolism .
- Nopal cactus reduces fat absorption and increases bowel movements without damaging the digestive process .
- Chromium picolinate helps your body target getting energy from fat before muscle mass. It can also improve control of glucose production, which helps reduce cravings .
All of these ingredients promote weight loss without causing harm to the body.
Who Shouldn’t Take PhenQ?
You should avoid PhenQ if you are under 18 years of age, pregnant or breastfeeding, have a heart condition or diabetes, or are sensitive to the effects of caffeine. In addition, if you are on any medications or taking other supplements, consult your doctor before taking PhenQ to ensure it is safe.
PhenQ Ranking: 4.9/5
Efficacy – 4.9/5
All the active ingredients mentioned are tested and proven to help boost weight loss efforts.
Ingredient Quality – 4.9/5
The ingredients are all naturally occurring and help increase the ability to burn fat. Some have unique benefits; for example, chromium lowers blood sugar. You can learn more about its ingredients and benefits in this PhenQ review.
Cost – 4.8/5
A single bottle of PhenQ retails for $79.99 but is currently discounted at $69.95. The manufacturer also offers incentives to purchase more. If you buy two bottles for $139.90, you get a third bottle for free. Purchase three bottles at $189.95 and get two bottles for free.
They also ship anywhere in the world at no additional charge.
User Satisfaction – 4.9/5
Overall, users appear satisfied with the results achieved on PhenQ. Any negative reviews apply to problems with customer service.
PhenQ is ideal for anyone wanting to burn fat, increase daily energy, build muscle, and lose weight. You can find hundreds of user reviews that report meeting their weight loss goals.
We ranked PhenQ as the best overall because it offers many benefits with very few side effects. The natural ingredients are safe and effective, and the dosage is easy to incorporate into your daily routine.
Take advantage of the manufacturer’s discounts and risk-free guarantee. If you order two or more products, you can get your money back if you do not see results within the first 60 days.
2. LeanBean – Most Effective Natural Appetite Suppressant for Women – 4.8/5
- May accelerate fat burning
- Helps reduce cravings
- Vegetarian friendly
- Helps promote a stable metabolism
- Aids in reducing cellulite
- Takes a while to see results
- Needs to be taken three times a day for best results
Who Should Try Leanbean?
Men and women have different experiences with weight loss processes. For example, carbohydrates and sugars are the main catalysts for overages of stored body fat, and women are more likely to crave sugars and carbs .
Additionally, as women age, they face a more rapid and drastic decline in metabolism than men. Among the ingredients in Leanbean that promote weight loss is turmeric, which helps reduce belly fat . Acai berries are also included, which help regulate blood sugar and insulin production .
Other important ingredients in Leanbean include:
- Glucomannan, which is a dietary fiber that expands in the digestive tract. This creates feelings of fullness and reduces the risk of overeating .
- Garcinia cambogia helps reduce the fat in the abdomen that affects metabolism .
- Green coffee bean extract promotes fat-burning by slowing the body’s ability to produce new fat .
Like most appetite suppressants, Leanbean also contains caffeine, but it includes L-theanine as well, which can help decrease the jittery effect that caffeine causes. It is also loaded with vitamins, including B6 and B12.
Who Shouldn’t Take Leanbean?
Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should not take Leanbean. Additionally, anyone with irritable bowel syndrome, diabetes, or a liver condition should avoid taking this supplement, especially if taking any medications for those conditions.
Leanbean Ranking: 4.8/5
Efficacy – 4.9/5
Leanbean’s primary claim is that it helps you lose weight while increasing muscle mass. Reports indicate that the product is successful in fulfilling a more toned appearance. Learn more about the benefits of this appetite suppressant in this Leanbean review.
Ingredient Quality – 4.8/5
The dosage of the main ingredients meets the standards for weight loss found in human trials. Some ingredients may cause unfavorable side effects. For example, glucomannan can cause gas, nausea, and diarrhea in some people.
Cost – 4.7/5
At only $59.99 for a one-month supply, Leanbean is one of the more affordable supplements. If you order three bottles, you get one bottle for free. Additionally, you have 90 days to test the product risk-free.
User Satisfaction – 4.8/5
Most reviews are positive. Several people note differences after just one month of use. Consumers also report a decrease in snacking, cravings, and overeating.
Leanbean is a safe method for increasing metabolism in women. The 12 main ingredients help control appetite, reduce cravings, and provide energy. Overall, scientific studies and customer experiences back the claims for this natural appetite suppressant.
3. Trimtone – Best Natural Appetite Suppressant for Burning Fat – 4.8/5
- Only requires one capsule per day
- Holds GMP certification
- Uses the natural process of thermogenesis to promote fast fat burn
- Reasonably priced
- Not vegan or vegetarian friendly
- Must purchase more than one package for a money-back guarantee
Who Should Try Trimtone?
Trimtone is a fat burner ideal for women interested in losing weight sustainably. It aids in suppressing the appetite and improving cognitive function.
The primary ingredients in Trimtone include:
- Grains of paradise burns brown fat and reduces the fat that accumulates around the abdomen .
- Green tea extract inhibits the production of body fat, reduces current fat cells, and stops new fat cells from developing. It also lowers digestive enzyme levels .
- Caffeine can increase your metabolic rate.
- Green coffee bean extract contains chlorogenic acid to help you lose weight.
Trimtone has one of the highest doses of caffeine of any product on our list.
Who Shouldn’t Take Trimtone?
Like all the products on this list, pregnant and breastfeeding women should not take Trimtone. Anyone taking NTI drugs, including lithium, cyclosporine, and levothyroxine, should avoid this supplement.
Considering the high caffeine content, anyone with a caffeine sensitivity or heart issue should also avoid Trimtone.
Trimtone Ranking: 4.8/5
Efficacy – 4.9/5
Trimtone’s ingredients are safe and have been scientifically proven through trials to help reduce weight.
Ingredient Quality – 4.8/5
All the ingredients in Trimtone are naturally occurring. Additionally, Trimtone’s grains of paradise content exceeds the amount needed to produce weight loss, but the caffeine content may be too high for some.
Cost – 4.9/5
Trimtone is the cheapest supplement on our list. It retails for $59.95 per bottle but is currently on sale for $49.99. You can purchase a two-month supply for $99.99 and get a third bottle for free. Purchase three bottles for $149.99 and get two bottles for free. Shipping is free for orders of two or more bottles.
User Satisfaction – 4.8/5
Overall, the reviews for Trimtone are positive. Many women report weight loss in problem areas, such as the abdomen and thighs.
We ranked Trimtone the best fat-burning appetite suppressant because it offers quality ingredients targeting fat production and reducing existing fat storage. It’s an excellent product for people that want to lose weight in the abdomen, and works best with a low-calorie diet.
4. Phen24 – Best Natural Appetite Suppressant for Losing Weight – 4.7/5
- Can help improve mental focus and alertness
- Contains vitamins for overall health
- Boosts energy without interrupting your circadian rhythm
- Some users forget to take the second pill later in the day
- Takes a while to see results
Who Should Try Phen24?
Phen24 comes in day and night formulas that help reduce the risk of overstimulation. For that reason, it is a great appetite suppressant for men and women that want to lose weight without the side effects of caffeine.
The primary ingredients in Phen24 include:
- Griffonia simplicifolia extract increases serotonin levels to help curb the appetite and improve mood .
- Amino acid phenylalanine reduces food intake and improves the ability to control blood sugar levels .
- Manganese also assists in regulating blood sugar and may boost the metabolism .
- Iodine improves thyroid function and promotes weight loss.
Phen24 is a great choice for anyone suffering from sleep issues or dealing with high anxiety levels at night that caffeine would only exacerbate.
Who Shouldn’t Take Phen24?
Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should avoid Phen24. Anyone under the age of 18 or currently in treatment for any of the following conditions should also avoid Phen24:
- Autoimmune disorders
- Endocrine disorders
- Breast, prostate, or testicular cancer
Your doctor can best assess the supplement’s compatibility with your current health situation.
Phen24 Ranking: 4.7/5
Efficacy – 4.7/5
Reports on Phen24 prove it is effective for appetite suppression and weight loss. It is the only product on our list to provide day and night assistance.
Ingredient Quality – 4.8/5
All ingredients in Phen24 are naturally occurring. The difference in formulas is the change from proven fat-burning ingredients to non-stimulating ingredients that work while you sleep.
Cost – 4.5/5
Phen24 is slightly more costly than the other products on our list. A one-month supply retails for $84.99 but is currently on sale for $74.99. If you order two boxes for $149.99, you get one free box. If you purchase three boxes for $224.99, you get two free boxes.
The brand offers fast and free shipping and a 60-day money-back guarantee.
User Satisfaction – 4.6/5
There are not many consumer reviews on Phen24, but the few available are positive.
Phen24 appears to be a safe and effective way to suppress appetite, burn fat, lose weight, and sleep well. It works best with a rigorous exercise routine.
5. PrimeShred – Most Potent Natural Appetite Suppressant to Boost Metabolism – 4.7/5
- Vegan friendly
- Helps reduce food cravings
- Boosts metabolic rate to promote weight loss
- Can enhance mood by alleviating stress
- Very little manufacturer information
- Takes time for the stomach to adjust
Who Should Try PrimeShred?
PrimeShred is an excellent appetite suppressant and a metabolism booster. Its primary ingredients include:
- Niacin helps shed fat on the liver and improve fatty liver disease .
- Rhodiola rosea can boost athletic performance and promote weight loss by breaking down fat as energy .
- Green tea burns fat and helps kill fat cells as they are developing .
If you suffer from fatty liver disease, PrimeShred could work well for you.
Who Shouldn’t Take PrimeShred?
PrimeShred can increase dopamine levels, so speak to your doctor if you take medication affecting dopamine. Pregnant or breastfeeding women should not take PrimeShred.
PrimeShred Ranking: 4.7/5
Efficacy – 4.8/5
PrimeShred works as an appetite suppressant and thermogenic fat burner to boost metabolism. It contains many proven ingredients from green coffee and green tea to cayenne pepper .
Ingredient Quality – 4.5/5
All ingredients are natural, but dosing guidelines are important with PrimeShred. It contains an ingredient called DMEA that is naturally occurring but can be toxic in high doses.
Cost – 4.9/5
PrimeShred currently has some of the best pricing on the list. A single bottle retails for $129 but is now on sale on the website for $49.99 plus a $7.95 shipping cost. You can purchase two bottles for $99.99 and receive one free bottle plus free shipping.
Purchase three bottles for $149.99 and receive two bottles free plus free shipping.
User Satisfaction – 4.5/5
Most consumers report positive experiences with PrimeShred.
PrimeShred is an excellent product for people wanting to burn fat fast without affecting muscle growth. It is great for people that struggle with slow metabolism and excessive fat.
6. Instant Knockout – Best Natural Appetite Suppressant for Men – 4.6/5
- Ships worldwide and easily refundable
- Vegan friendly
- Can burn fat and activate metabolism
- Available discounts for customers that buy multiple products
- Scientifically-backed natural ingredients
- Only available for purchase on the official company website
- High caffeine content
- Hard-to-swallow capsules
Who Should Try Instant Knockout?
Instant Knockout is a popular appetite suppressant for men. It provides the energy needed to avoid those empty calories in low-nutrient foods. The primary ingredients are:
- Capsaicin increases energy and fat oxidation .
- Piperine helps the body burn fat and carbohydrates and boosts metabolism .
- L-theanine slows the jitters caused by caffeine.
- Green tea extract helps you digest starch and oxidize fat .
It also contains vitamin D, which helps to combat cardiovascular disease.
Who Shouldn’t Take Instant Knockout?
Anyone on NTI drugs should avoid this supplement, along with women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Instant Knockout Ranking: 4.6/5
Efficacy – 4.8/5
Research shows that all ingredients in Instant Knockout may help promote weight loss in one way or another.
Ingredient Quality – 4.7/5
Some people have reported mild side effects from the caffeine and fiber in the product, such as heartburn, upset stomach, and bloating.
Cost – 4.5/5
Instant Knockout offers a three-tier pricing system. A one-month supply is $65. Purchase two bottles for $130, and it comes with free domestic shipping. Purchase three bottles for $195, and you get one free bottle and free worldwide shipping.
User Satisfaction – 4.5/5
Reviews for Instant Knockout are mixed. However, most of the negative reviews are for poor customer service.
Instant Knockout is one of the best fat burners for men. It contains many beneficial ingredients and is a relatively affordable option. It is scientifically proven to promote weight loss, and online reviews show successful before and after photos. You can also combine Instant Knockout with the best pre workout for men to improve exercise performance.
7. Zotrim – Best Natural Appetite Suppressant for Energy – 4.6/5
- May increase energy
- Provides additional benefits if taken with exercise
- Creates a full feeling between meals
- Backed by clinical studies and expert-approved reports
- Not for anyone aged under 18
- Not recommended for individuals with a caffeine sensitivity
- Does not negate caloric excess
- Questionable dosage recommendations
Who Should Try Zotrim?
This appetite suppressant is marketed toward women, but it contains ingredients that work for everyone. Notable ingredients for weight loss and energy include:
- Yerba Mate is an energy booster that prevents fat cells from developing .
- Vitamins B3 and B6 are metabolism supporters .
- Guarana helps to move fat cells into the bloodstream so you can burn them.
Like some other supplements on our list, Zotrim contains a hefty dose of caffeine.
Who Shouldn’t Take Zotrim?
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, have caffeine sensitivity, or struggle with stimulants, you should avoid Zotrim.
Zotrim Ranking: 4.6/5
Efficacy – 4.6/5
The most recent study for Zotrim’s mixture of ingredients was published in 2007 . Zotrim mostly delivers what it advertises when used with diet and exercise.
Ingredient Quality – 4.6/5
All Zotrim’s ingredients are naturally occurring and safe.
Cost – 4.9/5
A 30-day supply of Zotrim typically retails for $69.99 but is currently on sale for $49.99. If you purchase two boxes for $99.99, you get one free. If you purchase three boxes for $149.99, you get two free. Shipping is free.
User Satisfaction – 4.5/5
Reviews are overall positive outside of the company website. However, they are slightly lower on Amazon.
Zotrim uses a combination of herbs to aid in weight loss. It works well for people on a low-calorie diet. It also helps you fight fatigue to focus more efficiently throughout the day.
What Are Natural Appetite Suppressants?
Natural appetite suppressants are a popular aid for people wanting to boost the effects of their diet and exercise plans. They provide easy access to ingredients that promote weight loss without a prescription.
How Do Appetite Suppressants Work?
Appetite suppressants generally increase the feeling of fullness to reduce the appetite and hunger pangs. They also slow the emptying of the stomach by blocking nutrient absorption and influencing the hormones that create an appetite.
Depending on the ingredients, some create varying effects. For example, appetite suppressants with soluble fibers delay gastric emptying and inhibit the body’s ability to intake energy.
How Can Appetite Suppressants Promote Weight Loss?
Weight loss is a side effect of appetite suppressants. These supplements curb hunger and make you feel full so that you take in fewer calories. The three different ways they do this are:
- Affect serotonin levels in the brain to trick the body into feeling full.
- Have a high fiber content to fill space in your stomach and make you feel full for longer.
- Block signals from the adrenal gland in your brain to keep it from telling your body that you are hungry.
Appetite suppressants are often more effective when taken with a regular exercise routine. Burning calories while eating less typically leads to weight loss. You can also consider the best pre workout supplements to improve your exercise performance.
What Should You Look for When Choosing Natural Appetite Suppressants?
There are nine key factors to consider when searching for the right natural appetite suppressant for you. We evaluated each element for every product listed before ranking them appropriately.
A simple online search is all you need to filter out companies with a bad reputation. Look for quality appetite suppressants from trusted brands with high standards for ingredients, quality, effectiveness, testing, and safety.
You may notice that many of these products have similar ingredients, with only a few exceptions. Those exceptions can make a significant difference.
Additionally, some ingredients may have a similar effect but are lower quality. For example, not all fibers are created equal. Psyllium is a coarse fiber that could irritate the digestive system more than a softer fiber, such as glucomannan.
There is a reason that pharmaceutical-grade appetite suppressants and performance-enhancers typically have strict prescription limitations. For example, doctors can only prescribe some diet pills for no more than 12 weeks. The reason is that these medications can have harmful effects on the body. Natural formulas are almost always gentler when used at the recommended dosage.
To measure effectiveness, products must go through the proper trial process. Every supplement on this list has ingredients that have been through documented human or animal trials to show the level of effectiveness.
Dosage and Ease of Use
Dosage often depends on size and weight. Some of the supplements in this list may recommend a minimum and maximum amount per day because a lower dose may not be as effective for a larger body type.
All the suppressants we chose have relatively simple dosage instructions. Most only require one pill a day.
Most appetite suppressants contain stimulants, and all the ones we vetted have concentrated caffeine. However, we only listed those with less than 400 mg as recommended by the FDA.
Customer reviews are one of the most effective ways to distinguish poor-quality products from good ones. We only chose supplements with high user ratings.
Cost and Refunds
Weight loss should not break the bank. We only chose products under $100, with Phen24 being the most expensive at $74.99 and PrimeShred being the least costly at $49.99.
Every product offers a money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the results. However, pay close attention to the fine print. Most only provide guarantees if you order more than one package because they only refund unopened bottles.
They also have refund time limits varying between 30 and 100 days. Instant Knockout has the shortest window. PrimeShred, Zotrim, and TrimTone have the longest.
Many of the supplements listed offer discounted pricing tier systems in which bulk buying saves money. Also, most offer special discounts and promo codes that change regularly.
How Do You Use Natural Appetite Suppressants?
The most common questions about taking a natural appetite suppressant pill relate to timing and lifestyle. When should you take them? For how long can you safely take them? Do you need to make lifestyle changes?
When To Take Appetite Suppressants
Every appetite suppressant on our list recommends you take at least one pill in the morning, typically before breakfast. Those that only require one capsule per day always recommend you take it as soon as you wake up to avoid issues sleeping at night.
You should always take them with a glass of water due to the fiber content. This allows the pill to begin taking effect before you start to eat.
How Long To Take These Supplements
Companies that manufacture natural appetite suppressants often specify a timeframe for visible results. However, you should feel the effects right away. If you maintain consistent use for at least three months, you should better understand how well the supplement works.
What Diet and Lifestyle Changes To Make
Natural appetite suppressants are meant to supplement and enhance healthy lifestyle choices, such as eating a well-balanced diet and maintaining an exercise routine.
What constitutes a healthy diet and exercise plan is different for everyone. If you have questions about that aspect, you can consult your doctor for more advice.
Weight loss programs can help you develop healthy eating habits and exercise routines to enhance weight loss. Learn more about them in this Nutrisystem review or read this Noom review for an alternative option to long-term weight loss solutions.
You can also get one of the best fitness trackers to monitor your weight loss progress and exercise performance.
Are Natural Appetite Suppressant Supplements Safe?
Yes, they are generally safe, but not everyone should take appetite suppressants. Our list of best natural appetite-suppressing supplements contains disclaimers about who should not take each one for this reason.
Each supplement has benefits specific to common weight loss goals, including fat burning, increasing metabolic rate, and increasing focus. Overall, the main benefit of an appetite suppressant is that it can accelerate your diet and exercise goals by helping your body burn more calories than you take in, similar to the best weight loss pills.
Potential Side Effects
Even products with natural ingredients can potentially cause side effects. While several products on our list have no reported serious side effects, the potential is different for every person.
Some common examples of side effects are:
- Increased blood pressure or heart rate
- Feeling dizzy or light-headed
- Upset stomach
- Nausea and vomiting
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Feeling jittery
These vary in severity based on product ingredients and dosage. Also, everyone has different sensitivities.
Pregnant and breastfeeding women should not take dietary supplements without approval from a doctor. In general, people with coronary, gastrointestinal, biliary, psychological, and endocrine conditions should avoid stimulants and appetite suppressants.
What Foods Act as Natural Appetite Suppressants for Weight Loss?
Just as you should avoid eating highly processed empty calories, such as junk food, certain foods can help reduce the need to eat often. For example, the protein you find in dairy, eggs, meat, fish, and legumes keeps you satisfied for far longer and slows down fat buildup.
Here we answer common questions on natural appetite suppressants.
What Can I Take To Suppress My Appetite Naturally?
There are many supplements you can take to suppress your appetite naturally. Medications like phentermine weight loss pills require a prescription from a doctor, but the natural suppressants in the above list are available online, such as PhenQ.
How Do Natural Appetite Suppressants Work?
Most suppressants use a combination of dietary fibers, caffeine, and other naturally occurring ingredients to provide energy and give the feeling of fullness.
Who Should Not Take Natural Appetite Suppressants?
Pregnant and breastfeeding women and people with serious medical conditions should avoid appetite suppressants.
Our Ranking Methodology Explained
Our ranking method is based on four important factors:
- Efficacy. We examined the trials of each supplement on our list to determine whether the product produced sufficient results.
- Ingredient quality. We evaluated the ingredient list to understand what each ingredient does to promote weight loss. Safety was another vital concern. Each supplement on our list was vetted for side effects in the amounts provided in both the short and long-term.
- Cost. We attempted to create a list of excellent appetite suppressants at affordable prices. We also considered the value based on how long a bottle will last. Additionally, every manufacturer offers discounts, guarantees, and fair refund policies.
- User satisfaction. Customer reviews are one of the most important components of your evaluation. All the supplements on our list come highly recommended by users. We only included those products that scored well in online reviews.
This methodology combines the promise of scientific experimentation and real-life experience.
Final Verdict: The Best Natural Appetite Suppressant
The best natural appetite suppressants contain safe ingredients that create a feeling of fullness and help you store energy for longer. Our list contains something for everyone, whether you are searching for a potent fat burner to go with your high-intensity workout plan or need something to help you focus throughout the day and avoid over-snacking.
Men and women often search for different things in their products, so we included something for both. However, PhenQ is the overall winner with several direct and indirect benefits for everyone.
Remember that your weight loss plan should not start and end with an appetite suppressant. Speak with your doctor about what is safe for you to consume, and consult a nutritionist if you have questions about developing a well-balanced diet plan.
1. McGavigan, A K et al. “L-cysteine suppresses ghrelin and reduces appetite in rodents and humans.” International journal of obesity (2005) vol. 39,3 (2015): 447-55. doi:10.1038/ijo.2014.172
2. Talenezhad, Nasir et al. “Effects of l-carnitine supplementation on weight loss and body composition: A systematic review and meta-analysis of 37 randomized controlled clinical trials with dose-response analysis.” Clinical nutrition ESPEN vol. 37 (2020): 9-23. doi:10.1016/j.clnesp.2020.03.008
3. Tabrizi, Reza et al. “The effects of caffeine intake on weight loss: a systematic review and dos-response meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.” Critical reviews in food science and nutrition vol. 59,16 (2019): 2688-2696. doi:10.1080/10408398.2018.1507996
4. Kim, Jisu et al. “Piperine enhances carbohydrate/fat metabolism in skeletal muscle during acute exercise in mice.” Nutrition & metabolism vol. 14 43. 4 Jul. 2017, doi:10.1186/s12986-017-0194-2
5. Uebelhack, Ralf et al. “Effects of cactus fiber on the excretion of dietary fat in healthy subjects: a double blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, crossover clinical investigation.” Current therapeutic research, clinical and experimental vol. 76 39-44. 21 Jun. 2014, doi:10.1016/j.curtheres.2014.02.001
6. Willoughby, Darryn et al. “Body Composition Changes in Weight Loss: Strategies and Supplementation for Maintaining Lean Body Mass, a Brief Review.” Nutrients vol. 10,12 1876. 3 Dec. 2018, doi:10.3390/nu10121876
7. Abdella, Hanan M et al. “Eating Behaviours and Food Cravings; Influence of Age, Sex, BMI and FTO Genotype.” Nutrients vol. 11,2 377. 12 Feb. 2019, doi:10.3390/nu11020377
8. Di Pierro, F et al. “Potential role of bioavailable curcumin in weight loss and omental adipose tissue decrease: preliminary data of a randomized, controlled trial in overweight people with metabolic syndrome. Preliminary study.” European review for medical and pharmacological sciences vol. 19,21 (2015): 4195-202.
9. Udani, Jay K et al. “Effects of Açai (Euterpe oleracea Mart.) berry preparation on metabolic parameters in a healthy overweight population: a pilot study.” Nutrition journal vol. 10 45. 12 May. 2011, doi:10.1186/1475-2891-10-45
10. Devaraj, Ramya Devi et al. “Health-promoting effects of konjac glucomannan and its practical applications: A critical review.” International journal of biological macromolecules vol. 126 (2019): 273-281. doi:10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2018.12.203
11. Hayamizu, Kohsuke et al. “Effects of garcinia cambogia (Hydroxycitric Acid) on visceral fat accumulation: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial.” Current therapeutic research, clinical and experimental vol. 64,8 (2003): 551-67. doi:10.1016/j.curtheres.2003.08.006
12. Choi, Bong-Keun et al. “Green coffee bean extract improves obesity by decreasing body fat in high-fat diet-induced obese mice.” Asian Pacific journal of tropical medicine vol. 9,7 (2016): 635-43. doi:10.1016/j.apjtm.2016.05.017
13. Sugita, Jun et al. “Daily ingestion of grains of paradise (Aframomum melegueta) extract increases whole-body energy expenditure and decreases visceral fat in humans.” Journal of nutritional science and vitaminology vol. 60,1 (2014): 22-7. doi:10.3177/jnsv.60.22
14. Huang, J., Wang, Y., Xie, Z., Zhou, Y., Zhang, Y., & Wan, X. (2014). The anti-obesity effects of green tea in human intervention and basic molecular studies. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 68(10), 1075–1087. doi:10.1038/ejcn.2014.143
15. Rondanelli, M et al. “Relationship between the absorption of 5-hydroxytryptophan from an integrated diet, by means of Griffonia simplicifolia extract, and the effect on satiety in overweight females after oral spray administration.” Eating and weight disorders: EWD vol. 17,1 (2012): e22-8. doi:10.3275/8165
16. Alamshah, A et al. “l-phenylalanine modulates gut hormone release and glucose tolerance, and suppresses food intake through the calcium-sensing receptor in rodents.” International journal of obesity (2005) vol. 41,11 (2017): 1693-1701. doi:10.1038/ijo.2017.164
17. Chen, P., Bornhorst, J., & Aschner, M. (2018). Manganese metabolism in humans. Frontiers in bioscience (Landmark edition), 23, 1655–1679. https://doi.org/10.2741/4665
18. Linder, Katarzyna et al. “Dietary Niacin Intake Predicts the Decrease of Liver Fat Content During a Lifestyle Intervention.” Scientific reports vol. 9,1 1303. 4 Feb. 2019, doi:10.1038/s41598-018-38002-7
19.Duncan, M. J., & Clarke, N. D. (2014). The Effect of Acute Rhodiola rosea Ingestion on Exercise Heart Rate, Substrate Utilisation, Mood State, and Perceptions of Exertion, Arousal, and Pleasure/Displeasure in Active Men. Journal of sports medicine (Hindawi Publishing Corporation), 2014, 563043. https://doi.org/10.1155/2014/563043
20. Mary-Jon Ludy, George E. Moore, Richard D. Mattes, The Effects of Capsaicin and Capsiate on Energy Balance: Critical Review and Meta-analyses of Studies in Humans, Chemical Senses, Volume 37, Issue 2, February 2012, Pages 103–121, https://doi.org/10.1093/chemse/bjr100
21. Andersen, T, and J Fogh. “Weight loss and delayed gastric emptying following a South American herbal preparation in overweight patients.” Journal of human nutrition and dietetics : the official journal of the British Dietetic Association vol. 14,3 (2001): 243-50. doi:10.1046/j.1365-277x.2001.00290.x